Thursday 21 January 2016

An Outfit A Day


AN OUTFIT A DAY

When I moved into my house back in September, one of the first things I realised I had subsequently acquired, was a full length mirror in my bedroom. In my first year uni room, and in my room back home I also had a full length mirror, however strategic placing of said mirror, meant that I could only ever see my head down to my ankles, or my neck down to my feet. It was one or the other, feet or head. This mirror, however, the little wooden rimmed beauty you can see in the photographs, is a real dream because if I stand at just the right spot, I can see not only my head, but my feet too. Winning? I think so. A few days after moving into my house, I started using the mirror to check that I wasn't doing a Dad, and walking out the house with parts of clothing tucked in where they shouldn't be, or risking people's eyesight by wearing horrendous clothing combinations, which has been known to happen a few times previously. When an outfit got the mental go ahead, and I felt my brain's creativeness in compiling that outfit, had been absolutely en pointe, I decided to start making use of my new mirror and photographing the outfit.

There was never really a superior reason as to why I started regularly photographing my daily outfits, and I never really intended for the photographs to actually go anywhere, but month by month the photographs began to pile up. They were just there, existing away, which was fine by me until I started to look at them from time to time, and it was rather interesting seeing the way my personal style varied from day to day. I noticed themes, common pieces, yet I also noticed the difference in the way I compiled pieces together, the different looks I seemed to project just by choosing to wear some of my clothes in that particular way. Some days are more neutral, others are more wham bam in your face. Some days I'm more creative, some days it appears that wasn't quite the case. And it's strange because every day you decide what clothes you're going to wear and how you're going to wear them, put them on, do a once over to check you don't look abominable, then you walk out the door and away you go. You don't stop to think about your subconscious choices, you don't dwell on them for any moment longer than you have to, and it's just so peculiar because when you do stop, it can often reveal an awful lot about you.

I know that the whole 'what I wore today selfie in the mirror' thing was a trend that's long ago passed. I mean c'mon, have you seen how fabulous all those fashion bloggers look when they have personal photographers capturing their looks against stunning visual backdrops, that aren't composed of a laundry basket, boxes and a window?! But I thought I would share these amateur photographic mementoes with you lovely dear readers anyway, to give you a flavour of my chameleon like, ever changing personal style, because after all, it really is so interesting to see how a person chooses to dress themselves, and consider what it might say about them. Likewise maybe what I wear might inspire you to tweak your own look a little bit or wear something new, or similarly, you might use these photographs as an indication of what not to wear, as you question my creative thought processes and laugh to yourself. Either way, just take a look and see what you think, and remember it doesn't matter what you wear or how you wear it, so long as it makes you feel comfortable, confident and so damn sassy. Or as the Fashion Queen Anna Wintour once said, "create your own style and let it be unique to yourself but identifiable for others".  Preach it sister.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-MY PERSONAL STYLE-












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...